Man I’m on a roll with these DIYs, huh? Haha well not really because I’m not posting them as frequently as y’all would like but hey perfection takes time!
It’s been a wonderful past couple of days in New York City and I can hardly believe that it’s fall. With this fab weather and my “fall break” from Columbia, I had the motivation and time to work on some new projects for you all. Also, I reached 700 followers on my Instagram (@essiedoessummer) and I’ll be doing a giveaway contest soon to celebrate this!
I like to call this DIY project a therapeutic one because it involves a lit of meticulous arrangement and a lot of waiting. But it’s worth it! Read on for the deets on this chic wall art.
What you need:
- Medium sized canvas
- Acrylic paint (at least 4 different colors)
- Painters tape
- Gold spray paint
2. Repeat this process with the other colors. Remember to be random and have fun with this – it doesn’t have to be perfect! Allow the paint to dry for at least 45 mins.
3. Now the OCD part. I turned on some Adele and dug right in! Cut 6-7 inch strips of painters tape and begin to stick them on the dried canvas. Place them diagonally and between each strip leave a small but significant space. This is how you’ll be getting the chevron pattern.
I didn’t want my pattern to be predictable, so from time to time I’d switch up the direction/style of the pattern.
4. After completely covering your canvas with painters tape spray it completely with gold spray paint. I’m taking about everything. Make sure you lay something down so that you don’t get spray paint on your floor/table.
5. Allow the spray paint to dry, then peel all the pieces off. This was absolutely so much fun to do!
And that’s it! Easier than I made it seem right? Right. Now go hang this baby up proudly. I’m really happy with the color combination I chose for this piece, but truth is these are the only paint colors I had lol.
This DIY looks so chic and professional and the pop of colors contrasted with the metal can go perfectly with many decor themes.
Trying this soon? I want to see your take on it! Share your pics on Instagram with the hashtag #essiedoessummer