Herbal cocktails are my jammmm! Ever since I chanced upon a thyme gimlet at a restaurant in Brooklyn (because let’s face it, that’s where ALL the herbal cocktails are) I have been so fascinated by the idea of adding savory herbs to cocktails.
Though I make them all the time, this is my first official herbal cocktail recipe so I brought my A-game. The sage and grapefruit balance each other out so amazingly, and then some pink moscato comes by to make it a match made in heaven. You’ve GOT to try this!
What you need:
- 3-4 sage leaves
- 1tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup pink moscato
- Grapefruit slice and sage leaf for garnishing
- Add the sage leaves and honey to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add ice and the grapefruit juice to the shaker and shake it like a polaroid picture.
- Pour over ice and top with moscato.
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and sage leaf (optional)
You can easily double the recipe to make 2 drinks or even a large batch for a party!
What’s your favorite herb to use for cocktails?